Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Pregnant and Bleeding

I sadly got up and left his office. I was very disappointed I really wanted to hear the heartbeat of the baby whom I had grown to love. Two weeks later on a Wednesday I began to bleed. I called the office mid afternoon told the receptionist that I was bleeding. She took my name and number said she would talk with the doctor and call me back. I decided to lie down; thinking maybe if I just stayed off my feet the bleeding would stop. Finally around 4:30 p.m. the office called me back and told me that they scheduled me an appointment to have an ultrasound for the following day at 2 p.m.

Although I was nervous and worried I was also very excited to be able to see my baby for the first time. I did not get any sleep that night. The next day, a Thursday, I drank the required 32 ounces of water as per my doctors instructions so that the ultrasound tech would be able to properly see the baby. I had asked my cousin Gina to join me for the visit so that she too could see the baby. I was worried but I convinced myself that everything was going to be okay. The bleeding had subsided a little so surely that was a good sign, or so I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment